Updated August 19th, 2019
Swoop Datacom Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Swoop” “we”, “us” “our”) take protection of personal data very seriously. This policy explains our practices related to personal data privacy and security including:
- Types of personal information we collect;
- How we use the information;
- With whom we share it;
- Rights you may have about the use of your personal information;
- Security measures we implement to protect the security of your information; and
- How you can contact us about our privacy practices.
This policy applies whether you provide information to us through any Swoop Website, software application or proxy when you purchase goods or services from us.
1. Information about us
Swoop is the data controller responsible for protecting personal information you provide to us. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 09656787, our registered office address is at The Rainhall Centre, Rainhall Road, Barnoldswick, Manchester, BB18 5DR, United Kingdom. We also have affiliated entities operating Swoop software applications in the United States, Canada, LATAM, EMEAR, and APAC.
2. What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to detect your identity and includes your name, address, telephone number, and email address. Personal data is also information that can be associated with you, together with other information, e.g. your IP address.
3. Collection of Personal Information
Swoop collects and stores business contact information from or about you when you (i) interact with us; (ii) to fulfil your order; and/or (iii) to provide services to you.
The personal information Swoop may collect or that you may choose to provide include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal or e-mail address, and phone number);
- Business contact information (such as job title, department and name of organization);
- Content you provide (such as photographs, comments or other information provided via webforms);
- On occasion we may supplement the information we collect about you with outside records from third parties in order to provide you with information, services or goods you have requested, and to enhance our ability to serve you;
In addition to information you choose to submit to us, we and our third party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain information when you interact with us, this may include the browser and operating system you are using, the URL, the time of day you interacted with us, IP address, among other information (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may also include the unique identifier (“Device Identifier”), automatically assigned to any computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device used to access our website. Our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier.
- The home server domain names, type of computer, and type of web browser of users to the website;
- Aggregate and user-specific information on which pages users access.
Internet cookies can save data about individual users, such as your name, password, user-name, screen preferences, the pages of a site viewed by you, and the advertisements viewed or clicked by you. When you revisit the website, Swoop may recognize you by the Internet cookie and customize your experience accordingly.
We may not respond to web browser “do not track” signals. If you would like additional information about online tracking and various opt-out mechanisms, please see https://allaboutdnt.com/
5. Use of Personal Information Collected
Swoop may use Personal Information it collects from you or about you to:
- Establish, develop and preserve its business relationship respectively with you and other individuals with whom it deals,
- Create, establish and administer your accounts,
- Respond to your enquiries,
- Provide products or services that it offers, or receive the products or services that it requests, and ensure that all related transactions are supported and implemented,
- Authenticate the identity of customers contacting Swoop by telephone, electronic means or otherwise,
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- Allow us/our business partners who provide delivery fulfilment services to meet contractual requirements relating to the products and services provided to customers;
- Ask for feedback on our services and products;
- For research and analysis purposes to monitor and improve the services we provide including by recording your visits to our website. In these circumstances, we or our agents acting on our behalf, may contact you by email or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services; and
- Operate our business (including developing new products and services; conducting research; managing our communications; producing training materials and programs; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analyzing our products, services, and performing accounting, auditing, billing, and reconciliation activities)
Swoop may also use Personal Information it collects for internal purposes, specifically, for:
- Solving technical problems,
- Calculating overall usage statistics,
- Marketing and promotional purposes, product development, and content improvement. Unless otherwise required by law, we will obtain your opt in consent before we sent you communications related to marketing and promotion.
We may also use aggregated information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop our websites and our services. We may provide such aggregated information to third parties, but these statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual. We will only keep personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill one or more of the purposes set out in this paragraph 3.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
Except as provided in this policy, or as notified to you at the time we collect your information, Swoop will not disclose your personal information to third parties except as follows:
- With companies within our Group
- With third parties service providers that perform services on our behalf, including without limitation, those that offer, host or operate our operation;
- To enforce our agreement with you;
- To analyze and enhance our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received, read and your location);
- To the extent: permitted by law; necessary to comply with applicable laws or legal processes (e.g., subpoenas); in connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of Swoop, in accordance with applicable laws; or to protect the rights or property of Swoop. Swoop will cooperate with law enforcement authorities.
- If data is disclosed to contractors during commissioned data processing they shall be subject to this policy, and, if applicable, to other additional or relevant alternative data privacy provisions and contractual conditions.
7. Rights regarding the processing of Personal Data
If you have provided us with personal data, we will keep your information in accordance with our retention policy. You may withdraw your consent to our processing by emailing us and we will apply your preferences in our future communications. If statutory retention periods require further provision, we will lock those records.
Swoop will comply with anti-spam laws which apply in your jurisdiction. Moreover, users may at any time opt out of having their Personal Information used by Swoop to send promotional correspondence to the user, by contacting Swoop by email or postal mail at the address(es) below:
FAO DPO (Data Protection Officer)
Swoop Datacom Ltd
The Rainhall Centre
8. Collection of Personal Information from Children
Swoop does not knowingly solicit information from children and we do not knowingly market the Website or its services to children. No one under the age of 13 should submit any Personal Information to Swoop and/or the Website.
9. Cross-border Transfer of Personal Information
10. Security of Data
The security of individuals’ personal information is important to Swoop. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We have put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We use SSL encryption on our websites via which we collect Personal Information.
11. Updates to our Global Privacy Notice
12. How to Contact Us
FAO DPO (Data Protection Officer)
Swoop Datacom Ltd
The Rainhall Centre
We aim to respond to your queries within 7 working days from receipt. If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office by clicking here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/